Pomarius Nursery is searching for a full-time production & customer service assistant. We're looking for a well rounded individual to join our small, yet ambitious team. Candidates should possess a particular plant nursery acumen. This position is rooted in production, the majority of time spent will be in maintaining, including watering, stocking, and potting plant material. Applicants with solid plant & environments knowledge are requested (must be able to identify a variety of plant species & make appropriate plant recommendations). An open schedule is necessary especially in the spring & summer, we can not stress this enough. Please be able to work weekends, we are a retail nursery open from 10am - 6pm often times working earlier or later than retail hours.
- Reliable, solid work ethic.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in the elements and stand for a substantial amount of time.
- Attention to detail and can follow direction.
- Able to handle multiple projects and multiple clients without getting flustered.
- Retail nursery experience including cashiering and service.
- Ability to manage a combination of personalities (clients & co-workers).
- Can handle labor for off-site jobs.
- Proven ability with container gardening.
- Willing to pitch in anywhere.
We'll be delighted to respond to resumes identifying the above knowledge and skills. Please submit a resume or combination of cover letter and resume showing your applicable work experience. Professional references are appreciated. Letters of recommendation are a big plus. firstname.lastname@example.org. Pomarius has been in business in NW Portland since 2002. Please feel free to take a look at our website to get a better idea if we are a good fit for you. www.pomariusnursery.com. Wage $13-$15 / hr. contingent on experience. Thanks for your interest. We look forward to meeting you.